Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rachel's Farewell


 This past weekend Justin and I packed up the car and headed for Provo Utah!!!  My youngest sister Rachel is heading out on a mission for the LDS church, the church that our family grew up attending.  She has been called to serve in Birmingham, Alabama and I couldn't be more excited for her!  To find out more about missionaries from our church check out this link..Missionary Service   I'm so glad we had the privilege of spending the weekend with her before she leaves, which happens to be today! She is one amazing girl and I know she will be the best sister missionary ever!!! 

While we were there we also were able to squeeze in a couple family birthday parties.  Our first night there we celebrated my niece Jailena's 15th birthday at the Olive Garden and had birthday cake for Briana once we got home since hers had also recently passed. The following day which was Saturday afternoon, it was my nephew Carlito's turn to celebrate his 10th birthday at Classic Skating!  I'm so glad Tanya waited until we were all in town together to have the parties. I have missed our family birthday parties!










Carlito got down out on the floor when they dedicated to him his favorite song Thriller!  This kid has got some serious moves.









On Sunday Rachel gave an awesome talk in church and it was so nice to have so many family and friends there.  After church we had a luncheon for all family and close friends at my Mom's place and there was a great turnout!  




 
We will miss Rachel so much but I know she is going to learn and grow so much through her experience.  All those that come in contact with her will be able to see what a giving and loving person she is and they will be better off because of knowing her.  Love you Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment